A Text Merge message is a group message with customizable fields that allow you to personalize each message to the individual receiving it.
For instance, you could have a merge field for the contact's first name and the date of their appointment. It would look like this:
Hi [First Name]! Quick reminder about your cleaning appointment on [Date]. Please confirm, or let us know if you need to reschedule.
But it would send like this:
Hi Katherine! Quick reminder about your cleaning appointment on Dec. 4. Please confirm, or let us know if you need to reschedule.
To send a merge message:
1. Under Group Messages, select the New Merge Message button
2. Upload the .csv or .xlsx file of contacts you want to message
3. Confirm you have permission to message the contacts and hit send
4. Compose the message you want to send (including any pre-saved signatures, templates, images, or scheduled time you want to add)
5. Click on a merge field to insert that column's information into your message
Note the character counter below your message. Whenever you add a merge field, the average character count for that column is added to your character count. The final, actual number of characters and texts sent may be different than stated.
How do you format a csv file for a group Text Merge message?
Column headers need to be in the first row. Phone numbers need to be in the first column. You can upload either a .csv or .xlsx file. If you have blank fields in your list, you'll receive an error message while uploading.